Energy Route 2018-2022
|Name of policy||Energy Route 2018-2022|
|Region|| South America
|Subnational region or state||—|
|City or local||—|
|Type of policy instrument|
|Policy description|| The Energy Route aims to foster energy efficiency, small distributed renewable energy and to start the process of decarbonising Chile’s energy matrix. The promotion of low-emissions energy, efficient transport, energy development and modernization are also among the seven axis of this energy route. The Energy route is in line with the objectives of the 2050 Energy Strategy.
- Quadrupling small (i.e less than 300 kW) distributed renewable energy capacity by 2022.
- Establishing a legal framework for energy efficiency in the industry, mining, transport, and buildings sector.
- Implementing a ten-fold increase of current EVs share.
- Regulating solid biofuels (i.e. wood).
- Starting the process of decarbonising the energy matrix
- Establishing a concrete phase-out plan for coal-fired power plants.
- Providing training to 6,000 technicians, operators and professionals on the sustainable use and management of energy.
|Date of decision||2018|
|Start date of implementation||2018|
|End date of implementation||2022|
|Source or references||http://www.energia.gob.cl/rutaenergetica2018-2022.pdf|
|Is supported by policies|
|Comments (background and assessment)||—|