Responsible for this site
NewClimate – Institute for Climate Policy and Global Sustainability gGmbH Am Hof 20-26 50667 Köln Germany www.newclimate.org
Managing Directors: Dr. Niklas Höhne and Carsten Warnecke Registration: Amtsgericht Köln HRB 82685
Terms and conditions
Use of the website is provided by NewClimate Institute subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. NewClimate Institute reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. 4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to NewClimate Institute are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will NewClimate Institute be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. NewClimate Institute does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions: Information on this website may be used for non-commercial purposes provided that the source is indicated. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from NewClimate Institute.
7. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Germany.
10. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
NewClimate Institute is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes NewClimate Institute’s policies and procedures on the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. If you do not agree to be bound by this Privacy Statement, please do not use or submit any information to this website or to NewClimate Institute. This Privacy Statement incorporates NewClimate Institute’s Terms & Conditions. We strongly encourage you to review the Terms & Conditions.
COLLECTION AND USE NewClimate Institute gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.” Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual; that is, your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and profile information. Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses, and any other information that does not reveal specific identifying information about you. NewClimate Institute collects your personal information in a variety of ways. Much of this information is provided directly from you. For example, when you sign up for alerts on our website, you provide us with your email address. NewClimate Institute may also collect your name and e-mail address when you contact NewClimate Institute for general information purposes so we can respond to your request, for example, if you contact us to subscribe to alerts, or if you sign up for one of our events. You may unsubscribe from the alerts by sending an e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject heading to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE NewClimate Institute does not sell or rent your personal information under any circumstances. In addition, it is not our policy to share or disclose your personal information without first receiving your express permission, subject to the following exceptions: NewClimate Institute may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in its good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process. NewClimate Institute may disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others to as required by law, respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of, as appropriate, NewClimate Institute, its users, or the general public. NewClimate Institute may take your personal information and aggregate it with other users’ information (so that it is anonymous and does not identify you) and present the statistics to potential donors.
REVIEWING, CHANGING AND/OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION You may request to review, change and/or delete any personal information you have on file with us at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.