"China has nationally determined its actions by 2030 as follows:
• To achieve the peaking of carbon dioxide emissions around 2030 and making best efforts to peak early;
• To lower carbon dioxide emissions per unit of GDP by 60% to 65% from the 2005 level;
• To increase the share of non-fossil fuels in primary energy consumption to around 20%; and
• To increase the forest stock volume by around 4.5 billion cubic meters on the 2005 level"
"To phase down the production and consumption of HCFC-22 for controlled
uses, with its production to be reduced by 35% from the 2010 level by 2020,
and by 67.5% by 2025 and to achieve effective control on emissions of HFC-
23 by 2020;"
"To promote the low-carbon development in agriculture, making efforts to
achieve zero growth of fertilizer and pesticide utilization by 2020;"
"To promote the share of green buildings in newly built buildings of cities and
towns reaching 50% by 2020;" (http://www4.unfccc.int/submissions/INDC/Published%20Documents/China/1/China's%20INDC%20-%20on%2030%20June%202015.pdf)
"By 2014 the following has been achieved:
• Carbon dioxide emissions per unit of GDP is 33.8% lower than the 2005 level;
• The share of non-fossil fuels in primary energy consumption is 11.2%;
• The forested area and forest stock volume are increased respectively by 21.6 million hectares and 2.188 billion cubic meters compared to the 2005 levels;
• The installed capacity of hydro power is 300 gigawatts (2.57 times of that for 2005);
• The installed capacity of on-grid wind power is 95.81 gigawatts (90 times of that for 2005);
• The installed capacity of solar power is 28.05 gigawatts (400 times of that for 2005); and
• The installed capacity of nuclear power is 19.88 gigawatts (2.9 times of that for 2005)."
- 1Name: GHG emissions reduction (GtCO2eq)Value: 858Base year: -Target year: 2030Comments: -
- 2Name: Energy efficiency improvement target (%)Value: 33Base year: 2015Target year: 2030Comments: -